Kent State University
800 E Summit St.
Kent, Ohio 44240
Become a better leader. Invest in yourself.
So you have had dreams of moving up and taking the next step in your career. Why not take the next step today? Earn your master’s degree to advance in your career starting today.
Luckily for you, the Fraternal Order of Police is a partner with Kent State University online. This means you can take comfort in knowing that your master’s-level coursework will have you fully prepared to reach new heights in your career once you graduate.
Top 100 Public University*
*According to U.S. News and World Report
Cutting-edge research and practitioner faculty
100% online master’s programs
Online MA in Criminology & Criminal Justice
A newly envisioned program, the online Master of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice is designed for those who either aspire to or who already have experience working in the criminal justice sector and seek to hold leadership positions in their field.
- Faculty have diverse backgrounds in police administration, juvenile justice and global security. This multifaceted and extensive professional experience will be a valuable asset as you progress through the program
- Addresses inherent challenges that exist within criminal justice as we know it today, as well as the global impact and complications associated with crime and those most affected by it
- In-depth exploration of the growing fields of global security and victimology
Online Master’s in Geographic Information Science
Every day, the need for spatial technology and geographic information science is highlighted around the world. Those experienced in GISc can have a profound impact on the most important global concerns such as clean water, climate change and public health. The Kent State online Master’s in GISc program prepares students for a career that will help them use their skills and modern technology experience to improve public, nonprofit and governmental sectors.
- Students will have the option to choose from two concentrations: Environmental GIS or CyberGIS. Both will help drive improvements for the systems and tools that most people use on a daily basis
- In addition to a full, Master’s level program, students also have the option to earn a postbaccalaureate GIS certificate in CyberGis or Environmental GIS. Both are designed to help develop necessary skills that are immediately transferable in the industry
- Advance your technical competencies, becoming a skilled user of geospatial technology and competent enough to both manage and design complex GIS data
Online Master’s in Information Architecture and Knowledge Management, specializing in User Experience Design (UXD)
As more companies become focused on providing a seamless service experience for customers, User Experience Design has become an industry that is rapidly growing in size, scope, and the number of professionals entering the arena. Given the relevance and positioning of the curriculum, students enrolled in the Kent State online UXD program will be taught how to analytically look at problems, research and then solve them to deliver the best possible end-user experience.
Students will use the most current platforms and industry best practices, as well as being a behind-the-scenes advocate for the user.
Subject matter experts were consulted in the assembly of a curriculum that is both intuitive and keenly focused on the completion of necessary tasks and deliverables.
Faculty are well-versed in UXD design and possess active industry experience, as well as serve as industry contacts for current students and program alumni.